Grakn v0.8.0 was released earlier this week, as you probably know by now.
You can download it from here: https://github.com/graknlabs/grakn/releases/tag/v0.8.0
This release offers a nearly feature complete version towards 1.0.
Here are the highlights:
- Split concept identification into automatically managed IDs and type names
- Improved support for comparison between resource values
- Code cleanup and refactorings for; Engine API, Visualizer front-end and Reasoner
- Add support for the notion “primary key” with “key” resource types associated with entities
- More user friendly handling of auto-generated roles and relations for representing resources
- Completion of reasoner support for all Graql constructs
- Many, many bug fixes, including in patching Titan and working around Tinkerpop issues. We are one of the heaviest, if the not the heaviest, user of the Tinkerpop stack.
- Documentation improvements - in a spring to an official 1.0 release, various documentation areas have seen improvements, including a brand new documentation of the analytics modules.
- Key performance improvements, some of the recovering lost performance due to redesigning how we manage identifiers. But also, an important optimization that was identified thanks to Sheldon’s scalability testing.
- Introduction to user management in the system keyspace: basic user profiles, login, logout, admin users
- A new, more flexible and extensible syntax for Analytics
- Final touches to the knowledge representation model and validation
- Last, but not least, further improvements to the Dashboard and better UI experience
- Overall, this release was marked by a lot of refactorings, bug fixes and making sure our genealogy sample applications works smoothly in demos.
A complete list of changes can be found in the CHANGELOG.
Documentation is, as ever, available here: https://grakn.ai/pages/index.html
If there are any questions, problems or suggestions about the release, please post them as a comment to this thread.