Discussion Forum

Executing a file with graql console - Null Pointer Exception

I’ve built my schema in a single .gql file that I’m trying to load using graql console -k mykeyspace -f schema.gql however I’m getting a NullPointerException every time. The full stack trace is:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.antlr.v4.runtime.tree.AbstractParseTreeVisitor.visitChildren(AbstractParseTreeVisitor.java:63)
    at ai.grakn.graql.internal.antlr.GraqlBaseVisitor.visitQuery(GraqlBaseVisitor.java:35)
    at ai.grakn.graql.internal.parser.QueryVisitor.visitQuery(QueryVisitor.java:111)
    at ai.grakn.graql.internal.parser.QueryParser$2.visit(QueryParser.java:295)
    at ai.grakn.graql.internal.parser.QueryParser$QueryPart.parse(QueryParser.java:350)
    at ai.grakn.graql.internal.parser.QueryParser$1.computeNext(QueryParser.java:204)
    at ai.grakn.graql.internal.parser.QueryParser$1.computeNext(QueryParser.java:193)
    at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:143)
    at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:138)
    at java.util.Iterator.forEachRemaining(Iterator.java:115)
    at java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1801)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
    at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499)
    at ai.grakn.engine.session.GraqlSession.lambda$executeQuery$4(GraqlSession.java:221)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I’ll post the problematic file once I’ve sanitised it, but does anyone have and general things to look at? I’m running Grakn using the official Docker container.

The official container hasn’t been updated in a while hence you were using an outdated 0.18.0 version. You should now be able to use the latest version:

https://hub.docker.com/r/graknlabs/grakn/

Please let us know if any problems appear.