Discussion Forum

Compatible problem with Grakn and Rasa

Dear there,

After install rasa 1.7.0, when run

pip3 install grakn-client

shows

ERROR: tensorflow-metadata 0.21.1 has requirement protobuf<4,>=3.7, but you’ll have protobuf 3.6.1 which is incompatible.

Anyway to fix this? Or it doesn’t matter?

btw, rasa is chatbot platform, which has a demo of knowledge graph application using grakn as the knowledge engine. However the code is kind of old (grakn 1.5). I have done my own demo with grakn 1.6.2. But the compatible issue is hunting me. Help!

Thanks.

Interesting! Not something we’ve run across before. We know the Rasa team :slight_smile:

To reformulate to make we understand, you’re trying to use a newer Rasa client that depends on grakn-client. However, Rasa depends on protobuf >= 3.7 indirectly, while grakn-client depends on protobuf == 3.6.1? Or is it exactly the opposite?

Can you try to explicitly only install the newer protobuf (ie. force it to use 3.7 somehow) and see if the client-python still works?

Hi, @joshua

Sorry for the late reply. I guess the conflicts are between tensorflow 2.1.0 and rasa >1.7 which are used by rasa and grakn.client 1.6.2.

ERROR: tensorflow 2.1.0 has requirement protobuf>=3.8.0, but you'll have protobuf 3.6.1 which is incompatible.
ERROR: tensorflow 2.1.0 has requirement six>=1.12.0, but you'll have six 1.11.0 which is incompatible.
ERROR: tensorboard 2.1.0 has requirement grpcio>=1.24.3, but you'll have grpcio 1.16.0 which is incompatible.
ERROR: tensorboard 2.1.0 has requirement setuptools>=41.0.0, but you'll have setuptools 40.6.2 which is incompatible.
ERROR: rasa 1.8.0 has requirement setuptools>=41.0.0, but you'll have setuptools 40.6.2 which is incompatible.

Do you recommend me to change the required version of those tools from grakn.client to what’re compatible with Rasa?

Thanks,