First things first, big for the entire team. There were many late nights, early mornings and intense discussions throughout the year and the result was a more finely tuned, efficient, and maybe more importantly, a stronger bonded team.
Now for a bit of a review - what the heck happened in 2019?
Making Grakn Easier to Use and Help You Stay Up-to-Date
- Resolved stability issues at bootup
- Fixed attribute deduplicator
- Stabilised writes by upgrading to CQL from Cassandra
- Achieved a high degree of coverage of build, test and release in a reliable automation infrastructure - we release faster, get user feedback faster, allowing us to iterate faster.
New Use Cases and Libraries
- Launch of KGLIB + KGCN - 200 stars and counting…
- Development of BioGrakn - helping the life sciences industry handle more and more complex biological data [ Read More ]
Broader Awareness and Interest in What We’re Building
- 44% yoy increase in github stars
- 500+ PRs on Grakn CORE alone!
- 31 events from Amsterdam to Poland + Vienna, Berlin to NYC + Seattle - we can’t wait to get on the road again in 2020
- Over 2.000 new community members across meetup groups
- Over 35 speakers signed up to Grakn Cosmos 2020 - presenting talks on using Grakn for precision medicine, robotics, cyber security, expert systems, oh ya and space mission design
What’s on the horizon for 2020?
- Scaling Correctly
- Scaling Measurably
- Scaling iteratively, quickly
- and you know there are some surprises up our sleeves